Saturday, May 23, 2009

May 10, 2009- It's Mother's Day- So why did I start this page. Simple, I have a ton of friends who love to garden. They ask questions and I answer them. They want to see pictures and I post them.

Basically, I'm doing it for myself. I forget what I have planted. I don't mark things. My husband weeds for me. Many times my flowers have been victims of his over zealous ambitions. But there is one thing he knows better than touch… My roses. I have over 57 different roses. I will water, weed, feed, fight black spot, and Japanese Beetles for my roses.

Nothing in my gardens are done on a regular schedule like it should be. All chores are usually done on the "Oh Shit Schedule." It's more or less based on the "Oh shit, I have black spot. Oh shit, the beetles are back. Oh, shit look at the weeds." LOL I practice shovel pruning. If I don't like it, it goes. It usually doesn't leave the yard it just gets moved to my nursery garden where all things go that I'm not happy with.

In addition to roses I have a ton of other plants. Mostly perennials and bulbs that dot our little acre. I have four clematises that I love dearly. Two of them were planted by my father and I have nursed them along since 1993. Peonies, Daffodils(or Jonquils to some), Giant Pacific Primroses, Hibiscus, Irises up the wazoo, hostas, and much much more.

I'm fortunate enough to have an apple tree, two pear trees, lilac trees, and a ton of hardwood trees. I have a roddy that kicks butt when in bloom but was damaged from a storm in 2007. A climbing Hydrangea is making its home on an arbor, albeit very slowly. I have lilies everywhere, I love them. I have fairy, oriental, and day.

But, my prize possessions are my roses and the sentimental plants I've planted with or for my parents. The roddy was a gift from us to my mother on Mother's Day. My father planted the Clematis many moons ago. The apple tree was DOA in a bag at a big box store and my mother nursed it along.

So what's blooming in my Garden so far this year? Well, I haven't whipped the camera out yet but I do have some old photos from the last few years. They can be found at the links below. My tulips, Cranapple Iris, Soapwart, Pacific Primrose, Roddy, Apple Tree, Azeleas, and Daffodils are all in bloom.

First up- The beauties from last year- Just Click on the Links-

Brigadoon- Shot 1
Love- Shot 1
Mardi Gras- Shot 1

I'm going to post newer pics as the season goes on. I do have some older shots posted at Web shots. The link takes you too them- Albums

Of course, since this is my first entry I have to post a pick of my all time favorited. Joseph's Coat

No comments:

Post a Comment