Monday, May 25, 2009


I spent yesterday in the gardens. I have 13 of them, you'd think I would have more sense than that, but I don't. I did get a ton of stuff done. I was able to re-do all of my foundation plantings. I ripped out more Astilbe and Yarrow than I ever wanted too. I dug out three hostas and broke them up into nine different plants. I alternated a blue and green hostas along the foundation. They make a nice backdrop for the Azaleas and the rhododendrons.

I fought all day with the wood boring bees. I threw in the towel half way through the day and headed to the nursery to get the good stuff. I probably would normally ignore it but now I have to carry an Epi-Pen. I'm allergic to all bugs and just about everything outside. It's pretty funny most mornings as I load up on all the stuff to get out into my gardens.

Well, low and behold sitting on the bench at the nursery was Perfect Moment. You know it went home with me. It's sitting today happy in it's new home right by my sidewalk where my lagger , Diana Princess of Wales went. Diana went home with my SIL along with some other plants. I dug out some Lenten Roses. I've decided I don't care for them. They'll go in the back garden to take up space.

I weeded and sprayed for aphids. I found a few aphids on Social Climber so I hit all 57 bushes. That took awhile with my little two gallon sprayer. I fed the two rhododendrons since they have bloomed. The Azaleas will be soon.

I moved some Primrose, Liatris, and lilies around. I couldn't figure out what I wanted or where for that matter. I potted nine pots of Petunias for the rail baskets on the porch.

I noticed New Dawn has decided to use the Lilac tree as a trellis along with the trellis. I like it, I think I'll let it continue and see what happens. My climbing hydrangea is doing awesome this year.

So today I'll leave you with a pick of Heaven and Earth. It's one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment